Chasing RECIPES using great locally sourced ingredients? Check out our News page!
What local produce/locally made products can I buy in Bundaberg?
*Baffle Dairy Fresh – produced at Baffle Creek, just north of Bundaberg. Available at a range of local outlets, see list below
*Fig Tree Farm Free Range Eggs – produced at Bucca, just north of Bundaberg. Available at Nourish Cafe, Tender Sprouted Meats and other assorted retailers
*Childers Free Range Eggs – produced at Childers, just south of Bundaberg. Available at assorted retailers including Learmonths Foodworks, Beemart and possibly IGA stores and local butchers)
*Bundy Farm Meat – buy fantastic quality beef & pork direct from the farmer
*Tender Sprouted Beef & Lamb – produced at Bucca, just north of Bundaberg. Available at Tender Sprouted Meats Butcher (see below for details)
*Macadamias Australia – fantastic quality – available raw or in a range of flavours
*Springhaven Meadows – environmentally conscious and delicious tasting fresh bananas, banana chews and banana flour
*Bunda Ginga – gorgeous range of ginger and tumeric products and microherbs
*KoaKoa – organic fermented vegetables – made locally and totally delicious!
*Microgreens – fresh, locally grown sprouts and wheatgrass
*Gin Gin & Dry – a vast range of dried fruit & vegetable products, some made with local produce
*Vast range of fruit & vegetables grown in the region – available for sale at roadside stalls and selected local outlets, ensure you ASK what is local, as there’s no guarantee it will be local!
Wondering WHERE to BUY local produce (or locally made products) for take home use, in Bundaberg?
Nourish Cafe, Bourbong Street, Bundaberg
- Retailing Fig Tree Farm free range eggs, Baffle Dairy milk, KoaKoa fermented organic vegetables, Tielka organic leaf tea
Learmonth’s Foodworks, Walker Street, Bundaberg
- Local free range eggs, milk, fruit & vegetables (always ask what is local), value-added goodies (eg roasted macadamias, dried ginger, dried fruit)
Bargara Meats, Bauer Street, Bargara
- Local free range eggs, milk, limited range of fruit & vegetables, regional (ie Wide Bay-Burnett) meats, olives etc
Tender Sprouted Meats, Watson Street, Bundaberg
- Local free range eggs, milk, meat, olives, macadamias etc
Last Stop Convenience Shop, Mount Perry Road, North Bundaberg
- Local free range eggs, milk, some fruit & vegetables, value-added goodies
Nana’s Pantry, Electra Street, Bundaberg
- Local free range eggs, milk, limited range of fruit & vegetables (eg garlic, ginger), value-added goodies (eg roasted macadamias, dried ginger, dried fruit) regional products (eg olives)
IGA Supermarkets – Woongarra Street, Bundaberg & Queen Street, North Bundaberg
– Local milk, eggs (check with each store), local fruit & vegetables may be available (always ask); check with each store
Beemart, Maryborough Street, Bundaberg – local fruit & vegetables (always ask what is local)